Join Us for the 2022 SHE Leads Group Purse Project Celebration Wrap-Up Event When We Reach Our 500 Purse Goal!
Networking - Purse Project Celebration - Door Prizes - Goody Bags - Refreshments
Join the SHE Community for this incredible event open to all guests and all chapters!
SHE's mission is women supporting women in any way possible. For our members, that means supporting heart & enterprise™. Heart is our families, or anything near and dear and personal to us. Enterprise is our business or career.
For our community, that support comes in the form of SHE Members giving back in a BIG way every year with our Purse Project!
The Purse Project:
Every year, SHE Members collect and donate new and gently used purses filled with personal items for homeless women of the Denver metro area. We bring these purses to shelters across the Denver metro area. Some shelters are women residences and other shelters are drop-in. We provide purses to as many shelters as possible every year.
- In 2020 we collected 70 purses.
- In 2021 we collected 240 purses.
- In 2022 we are committing to collecting 500 purses!
Hundreds of volunteer hours and thousands of dollars in generous donations, by not only our SHE Members, but also the community at large make this project possible. And, your word-of-mouth and donations makes it possible to grow every year. Thank you!
Our Celebration Wrap-Up Event:
WHAT: 2022 Purse Project Celebration Wrap-Up & SHE Networking Event
WHEN: Tuesday, August 23 from 9:00-10:30 a.m.
WHERE: Sky Pointe Retirement Resort 5842 S. Taft St. Littleton 80127 in the Theater
COST: Bring a filled purse that meets the guidelines below or make a $20 donation, which 100% goes towards the Purse Project to buy personal items for purses.
RSVP: By registering on the form below (Form and registration opening soon) Limited to 100 guests!
- Only gently used or new. No tears, no stains, no cigarette odor, no broken fasteners/zippers.
- Purse needs to be large enough to fit in all the personal items in which we try to fill each purse. (See minimum list of personal items below.)
- In an effort to be equitable, designer purses will not be given to homeless women. If designer purses are donated we will use them for a silent auction to raise money for purse fillers.
Purse Fillers (all these items below can be found at a dollar store and can be full or trial sized)
Minimum requested for each purse:
- Shampoo/Shampoo Bar
- Hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes
- Dental floss or flossers
- Feminine hygiene items
- Pair of socks
- Bar of soap
- Lip balm
Ideas for additional items that are nice to have in purses:
- First-aid supplies
- Cough drops
- Sewing kit
- Hair ties
- Rain poncho
- Hand or foot warmers
- Deck of cards
- Writing pad
- Word search/crossword puzzle books
- Flashlight with batteries
- Mylar blanket
- Something to make a woman feel good (jewelry, makeup, nail polish and nail polish remover pads, etc.)
Some things not to include:
- Alcohol based mouthwash or cough syrup
- Self-defense items
- Expired non-perishable items
- Nut products
Zamar Screen Printing
605 Birch Ave.
Hudson, CO 80642
Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call for any hours outside of that 303-536-4086
Farmers Insurance - Kathy Wells
10200 E. Girard Ave. Suite C255
Denver, CO 80231
Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 303-758-1953
Edward Jones - Michelle Slagell
19751 E. Mainstreet Ste. 273
2nd floor Parker Station
Parker, CO 80138
Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. 303-841-3914
Thank you to our Sponsors & Volunteers
A special thank you to our Volunteer Community Service Project Coordinator
Erin Glombecki with RE/MAX Professionals
Thank you to all the SHE Members who volunteer hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars for this annual community service project and to the community at large who also provides generous donations.
Contact SHE - A different kind of leads group
Serving Colorado and the Greater Denver Metro area