Membership Dues Policy
Purpose: To ensure the costs of running SHE Leads Group are covered. To ensure members are committed to the group.
Scope: To be applied to all members.
Responsible Persons: Group Founder for collecting membership dues and enforcing dues. Members for contributing dues.
Policy: All members and guests will be required to pay a fee or provide an in-kind donation to SHE Leads Group. Membership is for one business only.
The following payment methods are accepted:
- When a guest’s business category is not already taken by a member, guests can attend a chapter’s meetings two times free of charge. After two free visits to a SHE Leads Group chapter, guests can continue to visit for $25 per visit. They will not receive category exclusivity and the business category will remain open.
- Membership fees are based on the level of membership one selects based on the benefits they wish to receive. For each level of membership, there is an annual, discounted paid in advance fee that is non-refundable, and a full-price month-to-month fee. There is no membership registration fee when paying the year in advance, discounted rate. Full-price month-to-month memberships are available and have a registration fee. Contact your local chapter or SHE Leads Group for fees, or call 303-981-1541.
- All fees are non-refundable, unless Group Founder agrees there are extenuating circumstances for a member to cancel membership. Membership refund, if any, is based on member being charged at the full month-to-month price for the months already attended from their sign-up/anniversary month. Approved refunds for extenuating circumstances are not based on the discounted annual paid-in-advance rate. If a member does not uphold her member obligations as set forth in the policy and procedures, member can be asked to leave and will not receive a refund. If a meeting location change is necessary due to loss of a free location, SHE Leads Group and its members will try to find another nearby (within 5 miles) meeting location at no charge. If a free meeting location cannot be found, the group will decide whether to pay additional for a paid meeting space, or to move their membership to another chapter that does not have their business category occupied. No refunds are given for loss of meeting space, but if membership cannot be transferred immediately, that member can transfer to another chapter when their business category becomes unoccupied. Their remaining balance will be kept on hold for future membership. Member may still attend all special training events and all chapter socials and special events.
- As a thank you, volunteer chapter positions receive a free membership during the time in which they occupy their volunteer position (Premium Membership to Secretary and Presidential Membership to President). SHE Leads Group Founder and/or Chapter President must approve all volunteers to ensure the right candidate is placed in the right volunteer position.
- Meeting room donors also receive a free Premium Membership for the duration of the donation of the free meeting room.
- Approved in-kind donations from members providing services for which SHE Leads Group would otherwise have to pay. (Ex. printing, graphic or web design, etc.) These in-kind donations will be approved by SHE Leads Group Founder. The value of their donation will be applied to full-price membership dues (month-to-month price). For example, if a member donates $100 in printing, they would receive 4 months of free Basic membership. If a member does not uphold membership requirements and is asked to leave, there will be no refund or reimbursement of the in-kind donation. If a member who has donated something in-kind decides to leave prior to when their donation would be made whole, they forfeit the remaining amount. If a member leaves for an approved hiatus and their business category is not filled by the time they wish to return, the in-kind donation amount remaining can be applied to reinstated membership.
Membership is capped at two chapters per member. A member cannot be in more than two chapters of SHE Leads Groups.