Beth Boen has more than 30 years of experience in sales, marketing and customer service. She is an award-winning marketer. She is also a professional trainer and customer experience consultant. Beth loves helping people build long-term, loyal relationships that produce quality connections in their business that lead to lifetime customers and endless referrals. Beth helps people do this through her thoughtful blogs and training curriculum. Members of SHE Leads Group have access to more in-depth business development training through presentations at meetings from Beth, her curriculum, and guest trainers. In addition to being the Founder of SHE Leads Group, Beth has had a training and consulting business, The Voice Customer Experience, that she started in 2005.
5 Tips for a Prosperous New Year in Your Business!
Happy New Year!
As we ring in a new year, many of us find ourselves making plans to have a more prosperous new year. With a new year ahead, new hopes and dreams emerge.
Here are 5 tips to have a more prosperous business in 2021:
- Build meaningful relationships. Just meeting someone and having a successful one-on-one with them does nothing more than probably make you feel good in the moment. What do you do to build upon that initial connection? People will do business with and refer to those who they know, like and trust. I call it the KLT factor. I meet many women weekly in my business. Some have mastered the art of staying in touch and building a solid relationship, but many have not. In 2021, resolve to foster and build the relationships in your network to gain more of the KLT factor.
- Keep learning. I will date myself here. I went to college for marketing back in 1985. Thirty-five years later, marketing tactics looks far different than marketing in 1985. I have 35 years of marketing under my belt, but I have had to stay current. I bring this experience in the form of training to my SHE Leads Groups and in our special training events. If you are doing your own marketing and business development for your company, it is imperative that you keep up to date with the new marketing. Resolve to listen to one podcast, watch one video, attend one training, and read one article a month to keep learning how to grow your business. That's 4 things a month or one thing a week. You'll be amazed at what you will learn. And, don't be afraid to re-learn something you think you know. I have attended many trainings more than once. I always pick up something I forgot and/or didn't catch the first time around.
- Have a marketing plan. Even a simple DIY marketing plan is better than a plan in your head, or no plan at all. Write down your SMART goals for the year. Don't be afraid to include some work/life balance goals. Review the 4 P's of your marketing plan and adjust if needed. If you want more training on how to do this, we have upcoming classes for this, or you can request one-on-one training time.
- Be positive. Find the good in things. We all can have a bad day from time-to-time. Be careful to not get a reputation of a Negative Nelly. Be a Positive Polly. Think about this example: if you have the opportunity to hire a virtual assistant for your business and you know two equally qualified individuals, will you hire Negative Nelly or Positive Polly who is confident and upbeat?
- Be intentional in meeting new people. Figure out who your best referral partners are and don't limit yourself to one referral partner. For example, if a Realtor is your referral partner, know a few good Realtors to whom you can refer. If you only refer to one Realtor, you will only ever get reciprocal referrals from one Realtor. Know who your best clients are and develop an Avatar. Seek those people out in any networking you do. Ask for introductions for these ideal clients. Be specific and intentional in meeting new people. Don't waste time at low-quality networking events where you don't feel welcome, or lacks interaction with all. Look for events with business category exclusivity and where those attending have been through some sort of vetting process. Join one of our upcoming business category exclusive networking events.