Beth Boen has more than 30 years of experience in sales, marketing and customer service. She is an award-winning marketer. She is also a professional trainer and customer experience consultant. Beth loves helping people build long-term, loyal relationships that produce quality connections in their business that lead to lifetime customers and endless referrals. Beth helps people do this through her thoughtful blogs and training curriculum. Members of SHE Leads Group have access to more in-depth business development training through presentations at meetings from Beth, her curriculum, and guest trainers. In addition to being the Founder of SHE Leads Group, Beth has had a training and consulting business, The Voice Customer Experience, that she started in 2005.
Pros and cons of free leads groups
When SHE Leads Group started, we started as a small, free one-chapter organization in May of 2016. We had no expenses, no website, no value-added benefits, we were just a group of established, well-connected, professional women who wanted to support one another.
As the group grew, SHE Founder, Beth Boen listened to what the members wanted. They wanted a professional logo, website, invitation cards, and Meetup page to attract members. They wanted SHE Leads Group to be promoted on social media. They wanted more types of business development training from a variety of experts. They wanted SHE Leads Group to grow into more than just one chapter. The requests from the originating chapter grew and so did SHE Leads Group.
When SHE Leads Group began, Beth Boen started it to network for her other business, The Voice Customer Experience. She never thought that her vision for a very different kind of leads group would take off into something much bigger that would end up being her passion. As SHE Leads Group grew, her time and money investment increased. SHE Leads Group now charges a reasonable fee for memberships, and still much less than some of the big corporate and franchise leads groups.
So, what are the pros and cons of a free leads group?
- No cost
- Attracts more people initially providing a larger network of contacts
- Simplicity of running/being in the group
- Less value-added benefits are provided (See SHE benefits here)
- Free groups can attract less established businesses who are start-up and/or not well-connected. These less established business may not be referable often times by those businesses who are well-established and have clientele who want top-quality/service. Nothing against start-ups, we were all there at one time, but as a start-up one is still figuring out how to do things.
- Always churning – lack of consistently seeing members, which does not promote relationship marketing or top of mind awareness
- Lack of commitment by not having some skin in the game. Without commitment to the group, attendance can be spotty and effort can be low to connect outside the meetings. The mentality of some who want to attend free meetings is to show up for what is free and see what happens.
At SHE Leads Group, we do things differently. Visit a chapter near you, where your business category is not already taken and experience all the ways we are so different than any other leads group out there.